Monday 27 April 2009

SP: May Hotbuys Review.

Hey everyone.
I just had to write about the new Hotbuys; I'm going to buy most items, as I think this is my favourite Hotbuys collection yet!
1. The Balmain Jacket - Oh my Gosh. This is the Stardoll item of my dreams; Balmain is phenomenal, I drool over their items. And this jacket is just...Wow. I love the unusual shoulders, and the colour choice of black and silver. Some may say that this jacket is somewhat gothic, but I completely disagree. I'll be buying this the minute it's released - although I'm guessing it'll sell for something like 14 stardollars.
2. The Grey 'Sequin' Dress - I actually really like this; I'm not really in to Matthew Williamson, but I'm loving this dress. It's very glamourous. I can picture myself going out to a party in it, teamed with some black tights, strappy black heels and some diamond earrings. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the sleeves [go to the Hotbuys Spring 09 dress-up to see them], as they are sort of more T-shirt-like, and I would prefer thin straps.
3. The Pink Hotbuys Bow - This Miu Miu bow would make me feel sort of regal. I like the colour, the pale pink is classy. The diamond in the middle, or diamante, whatever, is lovely, but I think Stardoll could've made it look a little more like the real bow. I might buy it.
4. The Jewelled Cuff - A lot of people have been saying that they find this 'tacky' and 'cheap-looking', but I'm going to disagree with them. It's bright, it's unique. I probably won't be buying it, but some people will. In my opinion, nothing's wrong with it.
5. Blue Zipper Bag - I'm not really keen on this. The colour puts me off I think, a bit too bold and eye-catching for my liking. The zippers are okay, but there's an awful lot.
6. The Bathing Suit - I'm not sure about this. The style is amazing, I'll give it that. The neckline is great, and it's really well made. It can also be worn as a top, too, I think, teamed with a pair of shorts? I'm not liking the colour pink, but the black's nice with it.
7. Luella Dress - I'm in love with Luella, so I'm super excited for when this dress is released. Everything about it's perfect. The style, the colours...Although Stardoll has changed it from the real-life version; They've made it baggier, and in different colours. But I'm not fussed.
8. Pink and Silver Dress - Hmm. At first, when I glanced at this, I really liked it, but I've changed my mind. The colours are too sugary-sweet for me, too 'prissy', and the dress is too long. The pattern isn't the best. I may buy this if I change my mind, haha.
9. Stella McCartney shorts - Wow, I love these, even though I don't like shorts much. They're very sophisticated, a nice colour, nicely made.
10. Blue Wedges - I adore these. The colour's not bad, the straps are perfect and the wedges are just great. I'd prefer them in a different colour, though, something more simple, like white or black.

No comments:

Post a Comment